I feel awful, and it has nothing to do with the local grocery store not wanting to give me a hat that says “World’s Best Customer” and includes all the employees’ signatures. I don’t think that’s asking too much.
The fact is, I’m a huge liar. My snack of the week, as mentioned in the site, is no longer Triscuits and Gouda. It hasn’t been for some time, and I feel I may have misled you, especially the Triscuits folks who may or may not depend on my endorsement.
As of March 2013, I no longer eat wheat or dairy. Yep, no cheese or crackers. It’s been great so far, thanks for asking. But, I still want to snack while writing.
Here are some suggestions for gluten-free/dairy-free writing snacks:
- Baby carrots and hummus–lasts a while in your mouth, so breaks from the keyboard are less frequent.
- Rolled up bologna slices–kind of messy and can attract cats, so look out. Also requires two hands.
- Grapes–pop and type or simply use your mouth suction. Nuff said.
- Cucumber spears and hummus–just anything and hummus.
- Pickles–Big fan lately. One-handed snack.
What’s your favorite snack to eat while writing? Cheese is not welcome here. And by here, I mean in the comments section as well as my house.