FREELANCE WRITING AND EDITING SERVICES
Throughout my writing and editing career, I’ve worked on a potpourri of assignments in both web and print, so if you don’t see a service or project listed here, please ask. If it has or needs words, I can help.
What can I do for you?
In which your project is written to your specifications. In most cases, the writing process involves interviewing subject matter experts.
In which your project receives a thorough scrubbing with substantive editing, copyediting, or both.
- Substantive editing reviews logic (e.g., did you contradict your entire idea in the last paragraph?), flow, and organization to ensure that the reader isn’t left wondering, “Huh?”
- Copyediting deals mostly with grammar, spelling, and style errors. For example, are your bullet points parallel? If all but one of your bullets begin with a verb, the answer is no. That is bad … but fixable.
In which your project is reviewed with my 20/15 vision to find errors in spelling, punctuation, grammar, line spacing, headlines, style, etc.
SEO Writing or Editing:
In which your web copy is reviewed for best practices in search engine optimization.
In What Form will it be?
- Web content
- Short- to full-length articles (web or print)
- Direct mail/marketing pieces (postcards, brochures, product data sheets, e-mails)
- Press releases
- Social media posts (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Blog posts
- Advertisements (online/print ads)
- Technical manuals
- Resumes/cover letters
- College admission essays (consulting/editing)
Starting a business?
You’ll need words for your website and marketing materials. My quick wit and your incredible product or service are a match made in virtual heaven.
SPECIAL SKILLS: MEDICAL WRITING
I’ve been fortunate to work and have a personal interest in medical and healthcare writing. Count on me to tackle complex health or medical subjects with a unique understanding of the needs of patients, providers, and even payers.
Fees and Quotes
My rates are reasonable—and often lower—than those of other freelance writers. Talk to me to get a free quote tailored to your needs. I can work with almost any budget.
Do I have style?
Yes. Have you seen this site? But seriously, I’ve written in a variety of popular styles, including Associated Press (AP), American Psychological Association, Modern Language Association, Chicago, and American Medical Association. AP, one of the most widely used formats, is my default style.